I thought it was time I mixed it up and shared with you my favourite salad recipe. For a long time I was very stuck in my ways when it came to food, but as I grew older I explored different flavours and boy have I never looked back! When I first was given this salad to try I was extremely hesitant. Not only had I never tried sweet potato before, I never really liked spinach. Well, my thoughts were wrong, it was delicious, and it has been my favourite ever since so I just wanted to share it with you. Hope you try it out and like it just as much as I do :)
(Just a side note: don’t forget to enter my giveaway as it closes on Wednesday)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 packet of baby spinach (150g)
- 100g of reduced-fat feta, crumbled or cut into 1cm cubes
- 600g of sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/3 packet of pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Balsamic vinegar for dressing
- Olive oil spray
- Empty the packet of spinach into a big bowl. Cut the fetta cheese into 1cm cubes and add to the bowl.
- Spray a pan with olive oil and lightly toast the pine nuts. Set these aside to cool.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 1cm pieces. Spray the pan again with olive oil and add the sweet potato. Cook until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add in pine nuts and sweet potato, then combine. Divide the salad evenly amoung four serving bowls. Add as much or little dressing to own serving. Voila!