So I was tagged to do this post a while back from one of my good friends on here Kate (if you haunt checked out her blog already you have to, its amazing!). So I thought now would be a good time to give it a go.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG (Please be specific in your answers, so we can all learn something!):
- How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in May 2013.
- Are there any bloggers who helped you out/encouraged you when you first started your blog? Kate actually was really awesome when I started blogging and turns out we actually live in the same city, studying at the same uni and also doing the same accounting degree so what a small world huh!
- What Social Media has given you the most traffic to your blog? Is there a platform that you don’t use? Uhmm not sure I would get much traffic from social media as I don’t really have any social media accounts specifically for my blog. Just have my personal twitter and instagram accounts linked to my page. Should probably start up a dedicated facebook and instagram now I think about it.
- How often do you post? Do you have a regular schedule? I try to post as often as I can but I have been a bit slack lately due to being on holidays. But I range from once a day to once every week.
- Where do you blog? I’m not going to lie I usually blog at work during my lunch breaks. I have a really good set up at work with dual screens so its easy and its something fun to do while I’m bored over lunch.
- What camera do you use? What photo editing software do you use? I generally use my iPhone/iPod its pretty good for photos and then I will edit them with pic stitch/instagram.
- How did you come up with your blog name? My blog name is just a nickname of mine – nothing fancy. I wish I had of come up with something more creative now though haha.
- Do you do any regular “series” posts on your blog? I don’t actually. I post a few OOTD and FOTD but nothing “regular”.
- What draws you to a blog? A nice layout, well picked font style and good quality images and content. Something that’s appealing to the eye and not all over the shop. Simple and elegant.
- What turns you off of a blog? Crazy coloured backgrounds and tiny font. I am fairly blind so I like a decent sized font.
- How many blogs do you subscribe to? Are they all beauty related? I follow over 100 I reckon. I like to follow back the people who have put in the effort to follow me. Plus I follow a lot of cooking blogs too cause that’s something I am really passionate about, but mostly beauty blogs.
- When do you generally read blogs? At lunch time or while I am on the bus on the way to work.
- What is your favorite type of post, and why? I love when girls do OOTD’s. I love to see how other people style themselves. I love reviews and I love reading healthy recipes.
- What is your least favorite type of post, and why? Nothing. I love reading what other people have to say. People don’t generally make a blog if they don’t believe they have something worth writing about so I generally give everything a good look. Not going to like, I don’t like long-winded posts unless they are super interesting as I tend to lose focus pretty fast haha.
NOW ABOUT YOU!! (If any are any you prefer not to answer, just skip!):
- Where do you live? Tell us a bit about your city! I live in Brisbane, Australia. In the suburbs. About a 10-14 minute drive from the city.
- What about your home? Its awesome. Very homely. We have a pool and a big yard. We got our house renovated recently so nice new tiles and a new kitchen.
- Do you have a “day job”? I work full-time as an undergraduate accountant (which is the carrier I am studying towards) in a mining and construction company. So not your typical accounting firm which is good as I get to keep it interesting.
- How tall are you? About 160-165cm. Not sure exactly, wish I was taller though. Don’t get me wrong, being short is good but when it comes to being in big crowds I would love to be able to see more.
- Do you have siblings? Yes, two sisters. One older, one younger.
- 3 words to describe yourself. Loud. Caring. Hard-working. I don’t know haha. First three words that came to my head.
- Who is your style icon, and why? Not going to lie, probably my sister. She has an amazing fashion sense so I always pic up style ideas from her. Don’t really have an icon. Just go with whatever looks good and I am comfortable in.
- 3 favourite bands/musicians. Chris Brown, Beyonce, Jessica Mauboy. Favourites I have had for the longest time although I have quite a few new favourites.
- 3 random/weird facts about you. I’m allergic to dust. I am claustrophobic. I have visited 5 counties other than Australia.
Wooo, done! That look a while! So which blogger friends should I tag next?? Hmm ..
If you have any questions or requests please leave them below.
Ps thanks for the tag Kate!